About Tyre Size
All tyres have a tyre code that is used to identify it and this is found on the sidewall of your tyres.
This code serves two main purposes, the first is to identify the size and specification and the second is to confirm the tyre has been tested to approved safety standards.
Your vehicle handbook will confirm your vehicles tyre speed and load ratings as well as any additional requirements.
The tyre coding might look confusing at first but once it’s broken down it’s easy to understand.
- A : SECTION
- The normal width of the tyre
- B : PROFILE
- The aspect ratio, this mark represents the height of the tyre sidewall
- C : RIM
- The diameter of the tyres inner rim in inches
- D : LOAD
- Load capacity of the tyre
- E : SPEED
- The maximum speed for this tyre at full load